Reducing anxiety and building resilience in kids aged 2-12
Parent Education Course in 3 x2hr sessions plus an optional Q&A Session on the 4th week.
Parents will learn about:
- an overview of how a well-honed theory of parenting (what you need to repeatedly do) can assist parents to manage children's worries.
- how some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious.
- the brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates.
- commonly used phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers
- a helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe
- 'traps and trip wires'- what to do when a child's amygdala starts to play up
- memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises.